Friday, August 26, 2011

News:

So I sort of have an announcement.
I am now preparing to wait for a missionary.

It feels really weird to be saying this, seeing as four months ago I did not see myself in this situation at all. However, God had other plans for me and now here I am. Sitting here typing about my soon-to-be missionary, wearing the promise ring he gave me three weeks ago.

We started dating June 3rd. We'd known each other for about a year, but we never really talked much because he was dating a girl I knew from another school. But... they had broken up last winter and we ran into each other at summer institute, and started talking.
It didn't take long for our rendezvous to begin, by the third week of class we considered ourselves a "couple" and so did everyone around us.

We've known from the beginning that our fun would have to end with the summer, because the night of our first date he opened his mission call to find out he was leaving October 12th for Panama City, Panama! However, our love has grown quickly and I have decided once and for all that I am willing to wait for him to come home from his mission, so we can marry each other for eternity in the temple in 2013.

I know I'm a huge dork for saying this but I am so friggin PUMPED to be a Missionary's Girlfriend! I have been reading blog after blog of girls who are currently waiting for their missionary boyfriends and all the different ways they are making the longest 2 years of their lives a fun experience.... And have decided to start my own. I figure this is also the best way to journal my life for the next two years, something to keep me sane when the days are long.

I will now use this time to tell a little bit about my boy and all the fun we have had and are having!

No comments:

Post a Comment