Monday, September 5, 2011

Mark Weekend!

So this weekend Mark came to see me!!! He's in his senior year in high school right now and since I have school here in Arizona we only get to hear from each other every once in a while.. but this time he got to come here for the weekend!

He came on Friday and stayed til this morning for Labor Day and we had a lot of fun. Friday afternoon after he got here we walked around campus and got frozen yogurt from ZoYo. Since it was Labor Day weekend, the kids who didn't go home got a little party-crazy, so his first impression of college wasn't exactly the most common but we didn't stick around any of those kinds of people if we could help it.

The next day we decided to go to the Tempe mall and do some shopping. The hardest part of the day was the public transportation, just because I've never used it before and I was in charge of getting us to the right buses and metro stations at the right time but we eventually got it.


He hates taking pictures so he never smiled (agh!) but he was mostly a good sport anyway. We walked around Arizona Mills for a while which was a lot of fun, and this mall I actually kinda new my around already since I'd been here a couple times before when visiting Tempe. He also let me pick out my early birthday present since he won't see me for my birthday and I got a few feather hair extensions! I've been seeing them in a lot of people's hair lately and I thought they were the coolest thing so Mark let me pick out some and the lady put them in my hair :)

On our way back to campus after the mall we got on the wrong bus but eventually made our way home and then decided to go to the Mesa temple! I completely forgot to take pictures while we were there but I have this one with the temple in the background :) This temple is quickly becoming my all-time favorite, it is just so beautiful and very close to home for me.
Also, I am NOT a tree hugger... I just really like palm trees, they remind me of summer.

On Sunday we went to church and then hung out with my friend Riley from my ward, and I made the boys too many pancakes for them to eat (I'm used to cooking for a big family, whoops!) And then we just sat and talked and watched YouTube videos for hours. It was so much fun and I'm glad I got to finally show off my new home to someone, it made me feel sort of grown up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment